Alex Turnquist Memorial Research Grants
SDA awards Alex Turnquist Memorial Research grants up to $10,000. Grant proposals are accepted throughout the year. We do not have a grant request form.SDA requires that the grant proposal be in writing and include the following:
- Name of Applicant, Principal investigator, project title and summary of proposed investigation (include specific aims, significance and background, any preliminary studies…)
- A detailed description of your hypothesis/hypotheses and proposed methodologies
- Relevance of the research to Shwachman-Diamond Syndrome
- Biographical information on the principal investigator and co-principal investigator, if relevant
- A detailed budget sheet (grants are available up to $10,000)
- Statement of facilities available
- A starting date for the project
- The board wishes to receive periodic progress reports. They need not be lengthy. These reports will help Shwachman-Diamond America give updates to our donors, allow evaluation of progress by our medical advisor and assist SDA in future fundraising efforts.
- Any publications distributed as a result of your research should give proper reference to Shwachman-Diamond America.
You can submit a grant proposal by emailing the Word or PDF file to Shwachman-Diamond America or via regular mail:
Shwachman-Diamond America 931-B South Main St. #332 Kernersville, NC 27284